one a day

remembering the little things.

Monday, October 09, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, it's been another busy weekend. The best part about having our parents close by on a weekend like this is 2 turkey dinners!
We went down to Winthrop, WA on Friday night, and came back Saturday night, and in the meantime wandered through that little town ( I had to add to my pottery collection), checked out the museum (see background in picture), and topped the day off with a turkey dinner produced from a trailer. Travis' mom is pretty amazing.
We came home, and I worked all day Sunday, and then we were out to my parents for another turkey dinner (yum!) and let's just say it was chaos. The kids had a great time at their Nana and Opi's, and Makenna was there too so there was lots of running, playing, fighting and screaming. Everyone else seemed a bit overwhelmed by the noise, but sadly, it's pretty standard for us. Fortunately they were worn right out and we enjoyed a full night of sleep.
So that's about it.
I'm off to work again for the evening to hopefully enjoy some peace and quiet, and then the week starts again.
But I am reminded again for all that I am thankful for: the love of God, my family and friends, good health and a great life.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

3 Comments:

At Tue Oct 10, 09:39:00 a.m. 2006 , Blogger Jen said...

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving!

 
At Tue Oct 10, 12:26:00 p.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a good-looking family :)

 
At Tue Oct 10, 07:14:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Amanda Franks said...

Yum! I love Thanksgiving dinner, and I love having more than one of them! Glad you guys got some quality family time in and some great food.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home