one a day

remembering the little things.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

A Belated Happy Halloween!

Here are some pictures of the barnyard that was our house on Tuesday night.



We went out to my Mom and Dad's for their annual bonfire and weenie roast, and candy apple and pumpkin and apple pie and candy eat-fest.
It is a good time.
The bon fire tradition has been going on for a good long time -- like since I was in jr. high school -- dare I tell you how long ago that was? (at least 16 years ago, maybe more --eek!) I think my parents started it as an alternative to trick or treating because those kids who think they can trick or treat as a 'skiier' or put a scary mask on and go, are LAME and TOO OLD to trick or treat. There, I said it.
Anyways, they would have a big fire in the back yard, all the kids from the youth group would come over, and my mom would make up a huge pot of chilli, we'd roast hot dogs, and pig out on home made candy apples and the above mentioned pies and have a great old time. I have great memories of past Halloweens.
Now my kids are enjoying that same tradition. How very cool.
Anyways, back to the pictures...


Braden is the cow. He had a hard time sitting up and seeing at the same time. And Ben was not too thrilled to keep the tiger hat on. So he didn't.

And this was the end of the day (about 9). Sarah was the first to crash, and asked to put her jammies on and 'please can I sleep in Uncle Donny's old bed?' It felt so good to have my little girl fall asleep on me again. It's been a long time.

3 Comments:

At Sat Nov 04, 10:24:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Isn't she sweet, when she's asleep?!!

 
At Sun Nov 05, 01:12:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Jen said...

The kids all look so great! I don't think I knew that little Ben was walking. :) What a big boy.

 
At Thu Nov 09, 08:33:00 a.m. 2006 , Blogger Vicki said...

Your kids...cute!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home