one a day

remembering the little things.

Monday, August 15, 2005

She loves the water!!





Just last week before we went on our trip, when we would go to the beach, Sarah would walk around, and inspect the sand and water, but any time she was invited to go for a swim, we would get a prompt "buh-bye mummy," and she'd walk away. Now, last summer, she LOVED the water. Couldn't get enough. Course, we would have to hold her and stuff, but she was a real water baby, and we couldn't figure out why she didn't take to it this summer. So, we thought we'd take her in and see if she liked it. If you've ever seen Sarah for any length of time, you know that she has her own opinion, and likes to share it, and also has a good set of lungs to share it with. Travis and I took her into the lake absolutely kicking and screaming "duh-done (all done)", "buh-bye beach," and "home!!!!!" with the whole beach looking on. I was actually wondering to myself if this could be considered child abuse because of the way she was carrying on, but as parents, we always do what is best for our kids, right? So that attempt was a failure. After our trip, Travis tried again while I was up on the grass a bit of a ways away with Ben. Well, I didn't hear any screaming, so I went down to the water to check it out, and there she was a-frolicking away, having the greatest time in her life. She screamed the same way when we tried to get her OUT. And so now, every morning, we are greeted with the request of "beach," and happily oblige that one because that's why we live here -- the summers are so great.
Can you imagine the devastation, though, when the water is too cold to swim in? I'm not looking forward to explaining that to a two year old!

1 Comments:

At Mon Aug 15, 12:30:00 p.m. 2005 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you're home! I didn't know where you were and why there were no postings for so long (I check every day!) Ahhh, answers! Can't wait to see you late next week! Love, Lisa.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home