A little taste of freedom
Big news! Tonight Ben took a bottle. His first bottle. Couldn't get enough apparently, and was mad when it was taken away. I have tried in the past to give him a bottle, and after chewing on it for a while, when it came right down to trying to drink from it, he would get absolutely personally offended that I would try such a thing. Especially since what he was used to and really wanted was soooooo close. But tonight, Jenny and my Mom were over for supper, and I had to run out to Wal Mart to get a loaf of bread, a container of milk and a stick of butter, so I asked if one of them could try giving him a bottle. And they did, and he loved it.
Freedom!!! Freedom!!! Sleeping through the night and a bottle all in the same week. Now, I know that some babies do this right from the start, but my Ben chose to wait 8 months. Travis and I can actually go out on a date. I don't need to be worried about being around at bedtime. Freedom!!!
Actually, it makes me just a little sad.
But I'm sure I'll get over it!! :)


2 Comments:
I have to admit it is a little sad when your baby no longer needs just you. Freedom is a great thing and the more you get the more you will appreciate him taking a bottle.
Yay for date nights!
Way to go Ben :)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home