Flying
On Sunday, I went for a ride in a glider.
My dad had arranged for 6 flights, for me and Trav, Jenny and Ken, and Mom and Dad. We were out at the Oliver airport, and were taken flying by the cadets out there. Each ride was about 12 minutes, and lots of fun.
I did realize though, that I'm not as good a flyer as I think I am. Visions of planes coming down run away with my imagination. Too much 'Lost', I think.
Mind over matter, anyways.
My dad had arranged for 6 flights, for me and Trav, Jenny and Ken, and Mom and Dad. We were out at the Oliver airport, and were taken flying by the cadets out there. Each ride was about 12 minutes, and lots of fun.
I did realize though, that I'm not as good a flyer as I think I am. Visions of planes coming down run away with my imagination. Too much 'Lost', I think.
Mind over matter, anyways.
Here is proof positive that pictures of me actually DO exist.I told the pilot that this was going to be the quietest 12 minutes of my day!! :)
Saying goodbye to the bear was not so quiet or easy. Check out her expression. So cute.(I'm taking this picture from inside the plane)
Back on solid ground."Mommy, you came back!!!!!!"
Travis' turn.Thanks, Dad, for a really great, fun, and memorable afternoon!!


4 Comments:
Looks like fun! Maybe you should take up flying - conquer your fears AND have LOTS of quiet time :)
Looks like a wonderful afternoon. And HOORAY for some pictures of you, the author and perfector of this blog. :)
Looks like a fun way to spend the afternoon! :)
Isn't flying AWESOME!?! I'm so jealous. I'm thinking of taking it up again this summer...boy kids get in the way hey? Glad you had a good time.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home