one a day

remembering the little things.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day!

Today is Daddy's special day.

We started off with a big "I love you, happy Daddy's day!" and kisses and cuddles in bed. Daddy was presented with a lovely original hand drawn happy face (one of a kind) by miss Sarah B, and an abstract by mr. Ben. We had waffles because of Sarah's suggestion for Daddy, and have spent the day outside putting our cedars in (pictures to come!). So, all in all, we've had a good day so far.

Somehow in conversation something came up about a gift for Daddy. Travis said, "All I want for Father's day from you, Sarah, is a big poop." ("in the potty", I added)

** side note**
Sarah has been doing awesome with her potty training. She is pretty much trained except for the occasional urge that catches her off guard.

Back to the story....

Yes, a big poop on the potty is all Daddy wanted for Father's day (that and no fighting, right -- that's what my mom always wanted, and now I see her point). Anyways.... at lunch, the time finally came for daddy's present. She ran off to the bathroom, and we hear this little voice...

"I did it!! Happy Father's day, Daddy!"

Is it just me, or have gifts reached (sunk to) a new level?

2 Comments:

At Sun Jun 18, 05:53:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Jen said...

That is hilarious! She probably thinks she gave him the best gift any girl could give her daddy. :)

 
At Sun Jun 18, 10:27:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Shirley said...

Oh my goodness! Too hilarious! You guys never have a dull moment! Sarah will die when she reads this stuff!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home