one a day

remembering the little things.

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Driving me to drink.

Coffee.

T and I have been coffee teetotalers for years. He thinks the stuff is disgusting (mind you, every time he decides to give it a try, he's at some greasy truck stop where of course, the coffee is gross, but anyways...), and I have dabbled, well, loved lattes and other coffee treat drinks for years. But never that plain old black stuff. The only reason, actually, that I even have a coffee maker is because Trav's mom bought one for us as a house warming gift 3 houses ago so that she could have her morning cuppa when she comes to visit.

Until now.

I always knew that it was just a matter of time before I took people up on an offer of coffee.

I think it's the perfect storm of having two (young) kids who don't know what sleeping in is, working part time shift work, being on call, and running a household. It's crazy, but sometimes, I just need the stuff. Sad, but true.

Being at work till 12:30 last night with a trauma, then getting up for my 6:15 AM!!!! Pilates class probably doesn't help much either.

5 Comments:

At Thu Nov 09, 12:51:00 p.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...caffeine - my drug of choice too :)

 
At Thu Nov 09, 01:56:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Shirley said...

Yep! Sounds like it was going to happen sooner or later! Do you think Travis will join you? He is the only Bond boy who does not drink it!

 
At Thu Nov 09, 02:02:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Heidi said...

Don't you just hate having to stay past the time you are supposed to get off. Not only that but my kids tend to wake up earlier than normal on the mornings following.

 
At Thu Nov 09, 04:04:00 p.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for the day! Welcome to the real world. You may find it helps! Mom B

 
At Sat Nov 11, 11:04:00 a.m. 2006 , Blogger Elizabeth said...

your statements confirm my earlier suspicions.. you. are. amazing!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home