one a day

remembering the little things.

Friday, September 07, 2007

Happy Birthday to my Sarah bear.

On Tuesday, my little bear turned 4!
I can hardly believe we've made it.

This past year, Sarah has really become my sweetheart. Not that she hasn't always been, but if you know us, and know my little girl, you know that mixing of all our personalities together has made for some tough times. And we still have those tough times a plenty, but we have so many good ones, they far outweigh the bad. Far, far outweigh.


We had her birthday party at the park a couple of weekends ago. Apparently, the first go of 'Happy Birthday' was too loud, and hurt her ears, so she cried through the whole thing. So, I asked her what was wrong, and we went through the song, one more time, all of us whispering. One of those moments where I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
I did both.



This girl is a girly girl. Through and through.
She loves to dress up like a princess, and her favourite colors are pink and purple.
In fact, this summer, she has refused to wear shorts. It has happened twice, but not without a battle extrordinaire. She will only wear skirts and dresses. When I asked her why she doesn't like shorts, she replied, "But I don't want to look like a prince!!!!!"

I will have my work cut out for me this winter when it's cold.


She loves to sing. And sing and sing and sing.
And dance. (kind of like Elaine)
She is quick to kiss and is full of hugs.


She is my girl who introduced me to my journey of parenthood. She teaches me that it's not all about me, about unconditional love, about the ability to forgive and quickly forget. I get to see life through the eyes of a child. I get to go to preschool. I get to go to swimming lessons. I get to play in the sand, I get to swing on swings. I get to teach her how to ride her bike.

I am a blessed momma indeed.


Love you, sweetheart!!

7 Comments:

At Fri Sep 07, 11:41:00 a.m. 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah bear! We love you!

 
At Fri Sep 07, 03:33:00 p.m. 2007 , Blogger Lisa said...

A little princess in training, I'd say! Glad the party turned out in the end :)

 
At Fri Sep 07, 04:15:00 p.m. 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah! And congrats to you and Travis for sticking it out long enough to see that the good really could outweigh the difficult. She's a keeper. :)

 
At Fri Sep 07, 11:51:00 p.m. 2007 , Blogger Anita said...

It goes too fast!! Savour the moments (even the hissy fits)! by the way--great new look!!

 
At Sat Sep 08, 04:47:00 p.m. 2007 , Blogger Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday, Sarah. I hope that your next many many years are terrific and that you continue to enjoy them.

 
At Mon Sep 10, 08:17:00 a.m. 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats my girl!!!! Love you!!
NaNa (and Opi)

 
At Wed Sep 12, 09:09:00 p.m. 2007 , Blogger Amanda Franks said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I just love how you see parenting and how great it sounds no matter if your talking about trials or triumphs!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home