one a day

remembering the little things.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What I like about day light savings time...

1. The longer days. The obvious reason, but also the very true one.
2. The sleep in. My kids are waking up sometime between 7:30 and 8, sometimes closer to 8 if we have nothing going on. Nice.
3. Spring is HERE, and summer is coming.
4. The BBQ has got a full tank of propane, and is starting to be used more.
5. Flowers and blossoms. Though my yard is really lacking in both, next year it won't be.




What I don't like about daylight savings time:

1. Late bed times. We've been hitting 9 and 10 pm. It's ridiculous. Seriously, I live for both nap time (happening right now) and evenings. The past week I've had about 30 mins to myself before it's my bedtime, and that's usually spent doing dishes or laundry or whatever that's not fun or relaxing. I'm telling you, it's GOT to change. Either the drugs are coming out (I'm not telling you for whom), or I'm going to lose it.

I think that's the only thing I don't like. Good thing there's 5 that I do! :) Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At Tue Apr 11, 01:49:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Angella said...

I HEAR YA on every point :)

 
At Tue Apr 11, 02:22:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Jen said...

Yup- we are in a similar boat!

 
At Wed Apr 12, 01:40:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Amanda Franks said...

Whew I thought I was the only one! It's crazy how just one hour can change so much.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home