one a day

remembering the little things.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

That was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen.

Today I registered Sarah for ballet.

I phoned the studio wondering about class times and it turned out that Wednesday afternoon worked out the best for us, so the lady on the other end of the line suggested we just come out for today's class.

So, home from preschool, a quick lunch and we were off to ballet.

I never took ballet, or any dance for that matter, so I'm totally unfamiliar with the terms -- tutu, studio, onesie (?), or the etiquite of going to class. Fortunately when we got there, there was a little girl in the class who was born on the same day as Sarah so I know her mom from back then. So Sarah and I are both learning. She was pretty excited though and could hardly believe her good luck when she saw what was going on around her.

Picture this: 7 little 4 year olds, in tights, ballet slippers and tutus, hair all done up, jumping and dancing around the studio following their teacher.

I think my heart is going to burst.

4 Comments:

At Wed Sep 19, 04:25:00 p.m. 2007 , Blogger Lisa said...

I'd love to see that! I always said if I had a girl, she'd be in dance, so good for Sarah!

 
At Wed Sep 19, 06:39:00 p.m. 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooooh!!! I can't wait to see photos! And go to her recitals!

 
At Thu Sep 20, 11:38:00 p.m. 2007 , Blogger Amanda Franks said...

My cousins dance, and they're older. But before you get to the older girls you get to enjoy the younger ones (at recitals) and they get me everytime. Sarah is going to be a tutu wearing doll!

 
At Mon Sep 24, 02:51:00 p.m. 2007 , Blogger Heidi said...

((sigh)) The things I miss having boys, unless one of mine wants to be a dancer (Rob would probably die).
I love your stories!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home