one a day

remembering the little things.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Trips


to Disneyland = 0
to Penticton's Emergency Room = 5

You'd think that the fact that I have a daughter that I would not know the inside of emerg (as a patient, because unfortunately I know it all to well because of work). She's a girl, and girls do not do things that lead to emerg. Or so I thought.

(I just noticed that the picture in our profile bears an image of her after her last trip to emerg.)
sigh
(yes, and disregard the black eye that she has in this picture)
now I'm sighing and shaking my head.

This morning, Sarah was running down the hall, and tried to navigate the corner into the kitchen, and BAM, fell flat on her face. I saw the whole thing happen, and the blood began to flow. Lots of blood. As we tried to wipe it away, we tried to look at where it was all coming from. I thought it was just a small case of bit tongue, but Travis uncovered the source, and it seemed like quite a deep cut on her tongue. So, we thought that it probably needed to be checked out. Travis took her in, and I stayed home with Ben on stand by to go in if she did in fact need stitches, and this time I would have taken the video camera in with me to capture the whole sedation/stoned scene. Because I'm such a loving parent. I would add that scene to the one that I took of her the other day rolling around on the floor having a fit. She's going to KNOW what she put me through. Anyways.... to make this not so long story even shorter because it's not about me, but my beautiful daughter, she came home WITHOUT any stitches (yay!) and Travis and I are being looked into by family services. Ok, just kidding about the last part, at least as far as I know, but she has been to emerg 5 times in the past 2.5 years, and that does seem to be a little much to me. I have this funny feeling that in her life, Sarah will be that crazy, brave, daring, or clumsy girl, the one with all the stories, who will point to any particular scar on her body and be able to tell you how she got it.

Let's just hope that there aren't too many stories to tell. It's starting to wear me out, and I repeat, she's only 2 and a half.

12 Comments:

At Sat Feb 18, 04:04:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Jen said...

That's crazy! If she needs a trip to the ER when I'm watching her I will bawl my eyes out.

 
At Sat Feb 18, 04:11:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Angella said...

I have TWO BOYS and haven't been to emerg yet...

She's just so full of LIFE!

:)

Glad she's ok

 
At Sun Feb 19, 03:40:00 p.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Karen,
You have such a great sense of humour! That's part of what makes you a great Mom...
Corinne

 
At Sun Feb 19, 09:57:00 p.m. 2006 , Blogger Shirley said...

Oh my goodness! Let me tell you, I am not sure what we are going to do about these girls! Grace knocked her eye this morining as well. I think it will be black and blue tomorrow. I am starting to think think that she should be wearing a some sort of head and face guard.

 
At Mon Feb 20, 08:23:00 a.m. 2006 , Blogger Adele said...

That is such a good picture of her, she looks so sweet and innocent

 
At Tue Feb 21, 08:35:00 a.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh sweet little Sarah...I'm sure social services doesn't come out until at least 10 visits to the ER!!! It's when you don't take them in to be looked at that they get concerned!

 
At Tue Oct 24, 07:36:00 p.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
[url=http://syyzjdkn.com/fkoy/sdyb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://zvejjvmf.com/lrtx/oxng.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At Tue Oct 24, 07:36:00 p.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At Tue Oct 24, 07:36:00 p.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
http://syyzjdkn.com/fkoy/sdyb.html | http://uspbpfst.com/urzi/mqgy.html

 
At Sun Nov 12, 09:22:00 a.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
[url=http://ekoptlhy.com/bqbz/guso.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://jumnqdgt.com/ylbe/gzys.html]Cool site[/url]

 
At Sun Nov 12, 09:22:00 a.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

 
At Sun Nov 12, 09:23:00 a.m. 2006 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!
http://ekoptlhy.com/bqbz/guso.html | http://plnxmunf.com/ircj/autw.html

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home